Friday, April 6, 2018

So many changes

                I'm not even sure where to begin with this post because we have had so much happen. We had a wonderful visit with some friends and family when we visited Hesperia in February. It was refreshing to see familiar friendly faces.
              Evan was a student who very much stood out in his class. I became friends with his teacher, which is awesome but slightly odd since she was his teacher. I say was because he has transferred to a new school.
               We found a fantastic realtor in the area, we looked at 3 houses Saturday March 10. I fell in love with the very first house. We took the rest of the day to decide whether or not to make an offer on one of the houses. The next day we put in an offer on the house I was in love with and by Monday we learned our offer had been accepted. We quickly went into escrow and the closing date was set for April 11. I called the school Evan would be attending and they started him immediately. It has been a bit of a drive, but Evan is very happy at his new school.
               The last week of March was spring break for Evan, we did a few fun things during the week to celebrate. We were also getting ready for a visit from my parents. The Thursday right before Easter Steve was laid off. IKR???!!! This job that brought us out to Sacramento laid him off, just when we were buying a house. We still were waiting to hear if the loan was going through, so this was a very nerve wrecking time. Stressful. So, my parents flew in Thursday night. Friday morning we took my parents to go look at the house we were now hoping was our new home. We had a fantastic weekend with my parents. We went to Black Chasm Caverns, so fun. Sunday morning the kids sang at church, so that was fun to have my parents be there for the performance. During all this time Steve was on the phone with many people trying to find a new job quickly.
               Monday Steve had 3 interviews with a company named Palo Alto. Turns out our current landlord works for Palo Alto. By Tuesday Steve had been offered a job with Palo Alto. We learned that Steve will need to spend 3 weeks in Texas for training. So at this point we still had many unanswered questions. Are we still going to be able to buy the house? When can we move? What do I do if Steve is in Texas for the move?
                  Yesterday we got the call that the loan went through and we were all set to close escrow. Today we hired a moving company to move all our things Thursday April 12. Steve leaves for Texas Sunday April 15. Oh, and Evan got an award at his school today for showing courage. God's timing is so amazing. Through all this we kept our faith that things would somehow work out. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of times we were pretty stressed out. Not going to lie, wine was one of my closest friends.
               So now here we are, just less than a week to pack up and move again. We had just started to get to know our neighbors. But, such is life. Our new home is amazingly beautiful with an inground pool in the backyard. I feel like I'm leaving stuff out...
                  Oh yes, church. We're still looking for our home church. We very much enjoyed the teaching where we were, but it's just not the right fit. The members of the church are a very close group, but I am on the outskirts. We'll be trying a new church this Sunday, I guess we'll see how that goes. Also, we'll see how things go with Steve gone for 3 weeks. We survived 3 months, so I'm sure we'll make it through this.








No comments:

Post a Comment